TECHNOLOGY & PARTNER SEARCH FOR RESEARCHERS
FINDING THE RIGHT PARTNER ISN'T EASY. USING SAIRA IS.
HOW IT WORKS
- Register as RESEARCHER (WAITRO MEMBER) and create your profile or login to your account
- Decide on a project type:
- »top-down«: project ideas based on prior identified funding opportunities
- »bottom-up«: project ideas or needs (independent of funding opportunities)
- Click on »RTO Challenges« on your Dashboard and »CREATE A TOP-DOWN/BOTTOM-UP R&D PROJECT«
- Fill out the form describing your project idea or challenge and »SAVE« it (descriptions should only contain non-confidential information)
- Open your created project by clicking on »SHOW PROJECT« and invite other researchers of your RTO to join the project team
- Make sure not to submit any confidential information
- Read the submission rules carefully and »PUBLISH« your challenge or project idea
- Receive »Proposals« submitted by other R&D experts
- Contact respondents, discuss proposals, and seek details
- Execute Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with selected respondents to exchange confidential information
- Agree on terms and conditions of a potential collaboration
- »ACCEPT PROPOSAL« to open a Workspace
- Use SAIRA’s secure and efficient workspace for project management, develop joint project outlines and apply for funding or contact the SAIRA team
- Gain visibility by sharing the outcome and highlighting the impact of your collaboration (voluntary)
R&D PROJECTS BASED ON FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
To successfully address funding agencies’ agendas, researchers are increasingly required to develop competitive consortia that bring together a variety of innovators and relevant stakeholders. SAIRA enables researchers to establish consortia based on identified funding opportunities.
R&D PROJECTS BASED ON INNOVATIVE IDEAS OR CHALLENGES
Although some projects arise out of funder’s priorities others are generated by local RTOs in search of solutions – their perspective ensures that challenges are fully embraced by local communities, who have a strong hand in making them a reality. Our bottom-up approach provides important inspiration for researchers and benefits for society by linking local or global challenges more closely to scientific research. SAIRA offers complementary offline services to support »bottom-up« projects.
SUBMISSION OF CHALLENGES
SEEK PROPOSALS FROM OTHER RESEARCHERS
By submitting your Challenge you seek proposals that sketch out feasible contributions to your published ideas as well as possible ways on how to solve your challenge. Submitted Challenges should not include any confidential information even though the submission of Challenges should not be interpreted as giving SAIRA or any other third party the permission for any commercial use of the submitted information.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
PROTECTING YOUR KNOW-HOW AND IDEAS
SAIRA is different from other open innovation platforms. If you submit a challenge and bring an idea to the table, it remains yours. Please note that you are responsible for taking all appropriate measures to protect the core information of your idea in order to avoid any fraud or abuse of sensitive information.
READY TO FIND TECHNOLOGIES & PARTNERS?
By saving time and resources identifying technologies and partners, SAIRA provides real competitive advantages. Register for free as RESEARCHER (WAITRO) or login to your account. Please note that only researchers and staff of member organizations of the World Association of Industrial and Technological Research Organizations (WAITRO) are able to access SAIRA as researchers.